Wednesday, March 30, 2011

In between

This post is not G specific. It's my whole family, myself, as a mother. Myself, as a person, really. The last post and the the email thread I talked about in that post have had me thinking. We don't really fit in to any sort of mold as a family, as a mother, as a person. Are too crunchy, or weird for my "maintream" friends, not crunchy enough for my natural minded friends. So we are in between. Kinda sucks. I feel like we experience judgement from both sides at times. My kids watch too much tv, or we vaccinated our kids (slowly, carefully) , or we decided to medicate G, so sometimes the natural community thinks we don't belong there. My mainstream friends can't believe we didn't follow the prescribed vax schedule to a T and think breastfeeding my daughter for nearly 2 1/2 years is insane. So where DO we fit in?

Know what. Here is a secret...... I don't care! We fit in together, as a family. We compliment each other, and we make our unit work. That is the only thing that matters. So we will just keep plugging away, doing what we do. Making choices that work for us. People need to remind themselves that most of the time, parents are doing the best they can for their kids. Making the best choices they can with their kids best interest at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment