Saturday, April 2, 2011

self awareness, and a big step forward

so, for the past few days, we had been talking about G inviting his friend M over for a sleepover friday night. G & M are great friends and have sleepovers frequently. So, friday comes and we ask G to call M and see if he wants to come over. "Ill do it later" was G's response. Later, we asked again, and this time it was "CAn we do it tomorrow instead?" We said of course. I let it go. then, this morning, I asked him if he wanted to call M and ask him about tonight. He said sure. He called, set it up, and is stoked about his friend, movies, wii, and crappy food:) So I asked him why not yesterday? He said he just knew yesterday was not a good day for him. ( he was right, from my perspective) He knew he needed some space. he know he would have a hard time with the closeness, the noise, the social demands. He was able to figure that out all on his own. he felt it, recognized it, and was able to verbalize it! Do you know how huge this is? I mean this is HUUUUUGGGGGEEEEE. It is hard for me as an adult, without aspergers, or OCD to be aware of why i am feeling the way I am feeling, and what is the best course of action for me on a particular day, in a particular mood. I'm so proud of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment